Other duties may be assigned.
- Remove completed jobs from machines.
- When applicable combine like jobs on pallets.
- Communicate with either the Mailing Admin Coordinator or Mail Center Manager of what jobs require pick-up slips.
- Communicate with Mailing Admin Coordinator what jobs require Postal Documents.
- Stretch wrap and stage pallets of mail for pickup in designated area.
- Load and unload material onto or off trucks. As new material arrives within the facility it is critical to have attached paperwork.
- Verify counts, weights, measurements, and/or descriptions of incoming orders received and that the paperwork matches the quantities delivered.
- Examine incoming shipments for damage; involve the Mail Center Manager if items should be rejected due to being deemed unusable and record shortages. (Make a note of damages and shortages on the packing slip/bill of lading)
- Scan paperwork and ensure it is immediately sent to the accounting department in the New Jersey office.
- Immediately label, distribute, and store all incoming material.
- Know and observe all company rules and obey safety regulations.
- Never remove, disable, or otherwise tamper with the function of any safety devices installed on company property or equipment. Notify your supervisor immediately if you suspect any safety device is malfunctioning, broken, or missing.
- Maintain all equipment and forklifts in your area in a clean, safe manner; report any problems to your direct supervisor immediately.
- Operate manual and power forklifts and perform routine maintenance as required.
- Return all tools and accessories used to their proper location clean and in good condition.
- Keep accurate records of work performed and materials used in accordance with Content Critical Solutions procedures.
- Maintain a neat and orderly warehouse including the pallet and wastepaper as well as the receiving area. Assist with general housekeeping in common areas abiding by the 6S methodologies.
- Make recommendations to improve workflow, quality, efficiency, safety, and suggestions to eliminate the 8 forms of waste: in-turn reducing operating problems and improving product quality within your work center.
- Treat coworkers with respect and courtesy.
- Perform all reasonable requests from your supervisor.
- Read, understand, and comply with all written work instructions.
- Ensure inventory is conducted on the first business day of each month. The accuracy of the inventory is critical as orders are based upon the levels provided to accounting and purchasing.
- Work as a team and participate in Content Critical Solutions efforts to ensure continuous improvement of processes, methodologies, productivity, and quality while reducing costs.
- Able to operate a pallet jack and have updated certification to operate
- Able to comprehend, understand and follow written & verbal instructions in English
- Able to handle a rapid-paced work environment
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or GED
- Previous experience in a similar position including warehousing
- Prior experience working in direct mail manufacturing is preferred but not required
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondences, and memos
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively with coworkers and Supervisor
- Ability to perform simple addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Able to be on feet 8 hours per day
- Able to lift 30 lbs. in repetition
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Company is an equal opportunity employer, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications, in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. The Company strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, interns, or any other covered persons because of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, including pregnancy, gender, actual or perceived gender identity or expression, transgender status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, familial status, caregiver status, military status, including past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence status, actual or perceived physical or mental disability or any other protected characteristic as established by applicable law.