The Mail Center Manager leads the manufacturing processes in a manner that maximizes productivity, maximizes quality, meets scheduling requirements, minimizes costs, and maximizes profitability in accordance with company policies and procedures. The manufacturing processes include the following:
Planning & scheduling, digital print, mail machine inserting, shipping, receiving & warehouse, facility maintenance, equipment, 6S-related Lean Manufacturing methodologies.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Direct and manage scheduling, digital print, mail machine inserting, warehousing, and all personnel within the facility.
- Contribute leadership for the Mail Center manufacturing site providing guidance and mentoring while resolving inquiries and problems related to the manufacturing processes.
- Work with all facility associates to coordinate efforts to improve communication, increase quality, decrease inefficiencies, and foster teamwork by collaborating, engaging, and empowering associates to become part of the problem-solving process.
- Provide updates on manufacturing issues, status, and performance. Keep all of the management informed of important matters.
- Prioritize, schedule, and delegate work assignments. Coordinate manufacturing activities to obtain optimum manufacturing utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
- Establish, maintain, and continually improve Content Critical Solutions quality assurance system.
- Ensure continuous improvement of processes, methods, productivity, and quality while reducing costs collaborate with the Vice President of Operations & Director of Continuous Improvement when opportunities arise to create a new process or improve upon an existing process.
- Review and analyze the production, quality control, maintenance, and operational reports to determine root cause(s) of non-conformities utilizing the 5-why technique pertaining to product specifications and operating or manufacturing problems.
- Be empowered to develop and implement operating methods and procedures with the Vice President of Operations & Director of Continuous Improvement designed to eliminate the 8 forms of waste: in turn, reducing operating problems and improving product quality.
- Read, understand, and comply with all written work instructions. Ensure all documentation is easily understood by yourself and by all your associates.
- Control operational expenses, including, but not limited to, labor, material, and supplies.
- Work with the Client Services team to coordinate customer needs with manufacturing needs.
- Manage manufacturing equipment through the proper preventative maintenance processes for existing equipment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Company is an equal opportunity employer, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications, in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. The Company strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, interns, or any other covered persons because of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, including pregnancy, gender, actual or perceived gender identity or expression, transgender status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, familial status, caregiver status, military status, including past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence status, actual or perceived physical or mental disability or any other protected characteristic as established by applicable law.