Job Category: Customer Service
Posted: March 02, 2022
Congers, New York
The High-Speed Inserter Operator manufactures and processes mailing materials and finished mail at an accelerated pace while maintaining the highest level of quality and productivity possible. Thoroughly following instructions and keeping accurate documentation of all work produced. This role will demonstrate highly effective and advanced, time management, organizational and planning capabilities, strong attention to efficiency and provide exceptional internal and external customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Other duties may be assigned.
• Read, interpret, and understand the work order completely and plan work to ensure meeting of customer specifications, including reviewing materials you are going to use for the project matching those specified on the work order.
• Proficiently setup the high-speed inserter to customer specifications, including to manufacturer specifications, following company procedures and work instructions related to your high-speed inserter you are operating.
• Proficiently operates and performs basic troubleshooting on the high-speed inserter including the cutter/folder unit, Adjust as necessary.
• Ensure completion of jobs in a timely matter, meeting quantity requirements and maintaining a high degree of quality in all work performed.
• Effectively communicate status of work in process to Mail Center Manager.
• Maintains open communication with the High-Speed Inserter Assistant. Keeping them abreast of work in progress and in queue.
• Perform all required maintenance on the high-speed inserter and notify your supervisor at once if problems arise with the performance of the high-speed inserter.
• Make recommendations to improve workflow, quality, efficiency, safety, and suggestions to eliminate the 8 forms of waste: in-turn reducing operating problems and improving product quality within your work center.
• Observe all safety rules while operating, maintaining set-ups, changing parts, or otherwise working on the high-speed inserter.
• Never remove, disable, or otherwise tamper with the function of any safety devices installed on company property or equipment. Notify your supervisor immediate if you suspect any safety device malfunctioning, broken or missing.
• Keep accurate records of work performed and materials used in accordance with Content Critical Solutions procedures.
• Return all tools and accessories used to their proper location clean and in good condition.
• Maintain a neat and orderly area. Assist in with general housekeeping in common areas abiding by the 6S methodologies.
• Treat coworkers with respect and courtesy.
• Perform all reasonable requests from your supervisor.
• Read, understand, and comply with all written work instructions.
• Work as a team and participate in Content Critical Solutions efforts to ensure continuous improvement of processes, methodologies, productivity, and quality while reducing costs.
This job has minimal supervisory responsibilities.
• Able to understand written and verbal instructions in English
• Able to handle a rapid paced work environment
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• High School diploma or GED.
• Prior experience working in direct mail manufacturing preferred but not required
• Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondences, and memos.
• Ability to verbally communicate effectively with coworkers and Supervisor.
• Ability to perform simple addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
• Able to be on feet 8 hours per day
• Able to lift 30 lbs. in repetition
• Able to move large rolls of printed forms weighing more than 200 lbs.
• Able to pull hundreds of pounds with a pallet jack
The Company is an equal opportunity employer, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications, in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. The Company strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, interns, or any other covered persons because of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, including pregnancy, gender, actual or perceived gender identity or expression, transgender status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, familial status, caregiver status, military status, including past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence status, actual or perceived physical or mental disability or any other protected characteristic as established by applicable law.